John Proctor, URC General Secretary, asks us to pray for:
- Our local churches – for a spirit of hope and expectancy, a belief that God can work through them and in their local communities in ways that stretch far beyond their own uncertainties and fears
- Our synods and their moderators – for vision that stays clear, even when problems are many, and for the ability to communicate this with confidence and faith among their churches
- Walking the Way – for good material, that will be both realistic in meeting local needs and spiritually refreshing in kindling new energy and joy in Christ
- For the staff of the central office – for the ability to settle quickly when we move back to base in July, and for a spirit of sensitivity and service to the local churches and people of the URC
- Education and Learning, planning a new strategy for lay training around the URC in the post-Windermere era.
- Ministries, looking at call in new ways, to help us address the challenges of scoping.
- Children and Youth Work, keen to review all their work, once they appoint a new Head of C+YW.
- New convenors taken post this month: Jenny Mills in Children’s and Youth Work, Alan Spence in Faith and Order, Ian Hardie in Finance.
- New staff secretary taken post this month: Philip Brooks, attending to ecumenical and interfaith relations.